Ashlee Bond is a 34-year-old international show jumper competing for Israel. Raised in Hidden Hills, Calif., outside of Los Angeles, she first sat on a horse at 6 months of age. Her father, Steve Bond, originally hails from Israel and was instrumental in instilling a love of horses in his daughter.
Bond quickly rose through the ranks in competition at a young age, winning five nationals championships in the pony divisions by the age of 11. By 16, she earned the title of Pacific Coast Horse Association Grand Prix Rookie Rider of the Year. Bond made her senior international debut for Team USA in 2008 at Spruce Meadows.
The 2009 season was a banner year for Bond: she won eight grand prix events, broke into the top 50 in the FEI/Rolex World Rankings, and reached the no. 2 position on the Rolex/USEF Show Jumping Ranking List. The year ended with the honor of the Show Jumping Horseman of the Year title, presented by The Chronicle of the Horse.
Bond continued the momentum from there, winning in Europe and in Florida with her top horse Cadett 7 leading the charge. In 2014, Bond won the AIG $1 Million Grand Prix at HITS Desert Circuit with Chela LS, the fiery chestnut mare that Bond currently campaigns at the CSI5* level.
In 2018, on her 33rd birthday, Bond became an Israeli citizen and began to ride for Team Israel.
- Ashlee operates Little Valley Farms alongside her father, Steve.
- Her mother, Cindy Bond, is a movie producer.
- Ashlee is married to Roy (a former professional soccer player) and together they have a daughter, Scottie Meeus Bond, born October 10, 2016.
- Ashlee can act and sing: she has film credits and even recorded a few songs years ago.
- She is a foodie and loves to watch the cooking channels.